What: The LafargeHolcim Awards is one of the most significant global competition in sustainable design. Organized by the LafargeHolcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction, the competition identifies the ideas with the highest potential to tackle today’s challenges to increasing urbanization and to improve quality of life.
The competition is open for projects in architecture, building and civil engineering, landscape and urban design, materials, products and construction technologies that contribute to the five “target issues” for sustainable construction. The competition has two categories with different requirements:
LafargeHolcim Awards (main category)
- Project has reached an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution
- All authors must be at least 18 years of age (date of birth March 21, 1999 or earlier)
- Execution of the project may not have started before July 4, 2016
Next Generation (young professionals and students category)
- Visionary projects and bold ideas
- All authors must be between 18 and 30 years of age (date of birth between July 5, 1985 and March 21, 1999)
- Execution of the project (if applicable) may not have started before July 4, 2016
Registration Deadline: March 21, 2017 at 14:00hrs (UTC).
The juries consist of independent, renowned representatives from science, business and society. They evaluate entries against the “target issues” for sustainable construction.
After a centrally-performed technical pre-assessment, regional juries will evaluate and rank the respective entries. The juries consist of independent, renowned representatives from science, business and society.
See the entire list across regions of Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East Africa, Asia Pacific HERE
The five “target issues” defined by the LafargeHolcim Foundation quantify the degree to which buildings contribute to sustainable development. These “target issues” serve as criteria for projects submitted for the LafargeHolcim Awards and as a road map for other related activities of the Foundation.
The total prize money for each cycle of the LafargeHolcim Awards competition (regional and global levels) is USD 2 million.
- The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards (main category): LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 100,000; LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 50,000; LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 30,000
- 4 LafargeHolcim Awards Acknowledgement prizes of USD 20,000 each
- Next Generation prizes from a budget of USD 70,000 per region: Next Generation 1st prize USD 25,000; Next Generation 2nd prize USD 20,000; Next Generation 3rd prize USD 15,000; Next Generation 4th prize USD 10,000
- Awards, Acknowledgements and Next Generation prizes will be presented at LafargeHolcim Awards ceremonies in each region (Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East Africa, and Asia Pacific) from September to November 2017.
- The prize money of the Global LafargeHolcim Awards competition is USD 350,000
- The 15 recipients of regional LafargeHolcim Awards Gold, Silver and Bronze are automatically nominated for the Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2018.
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 150,000; Global LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 100,000; Global LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 50,000
- A Global LafargeHolcim Jury Wild Card Award of USD 50,000 will be chosen from all regional winners (Awards, Acknowledgement and Next Generation prizes) from 2017
- Prizes of the global competition will be presented at dedicated LafargeHolcim Awards handover events from mid-2018.
Fill out the application form: HERE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, LOG ON TO: